Can I use Identify ANYONE without setting up an email campaign?
Yes you can! Visual Visitor can be manually inserted into any link within an email. This will allow you to benefit from all the wonderful features of Identify ANYONE even if you do not have a current email marketing plan. All you have to do is to add the code we create (similar to the code you added to your website) to the links in your email. This code tracks the visitor and will include the information you provide within that link in our real time alerts. You can also tag the visitor to change the way that they are showing up in the Dashboard and update any of their company and contact information.
With this email campaign feature, Visual Visitor is going beyond just identifying companies – we are also identifying consumers. It does not matter if your visitor is an individual consumer or a company employee if they are coming in through one of your Identify ANYONE email blasts!
Visual Visitor’s Identify ANYONE feature is different from other services in that it will allow you to track the visits from this user – always. We do not require that the visitor keeps coming to your site through that email in order to track them. Just like with our business prospect alerts, we will report to you all visits from this user: their current page views, previous page views by visit, summary of previous page views, and the summary of keywords used.
- Works with any email product!
- Tracks all visitors that you have email addresses for
- Continues to track those visitors even when they are no longer using the email!
- Be alerted by the prospect’s email address
- No increase in price!
How to use:
- To set up your new Email Campaign, first go to the Dashboard > Configuration > Email Campaigns and click on New Campaign.
- Next you must enter a unique campaign name. The Campaign Source, Campaign Term and Campaign Content are optional and for your record keeping only. Once you have entered the information, click Save.
- After saving the campaign information, add the destination URL that you want your customers to land on. Make sure to include the http:// or https://. Then click Create URL.
- Make sure replace all variables with the identifying data you would like to track for this lead. Below is an example of how it is done.
- Take out all variable placeholders in red above and replace it with your lead information.
- Your final code will look like this: http://www.visualvisitor.com/?utm_campaign=manual+input&utm_medium=email&esscompanyname=VisualVisitor&essphone=888-583-7730&essfirstname=Bob&esslastname=Smithemail@example.com
- Use this as your hyperlink in your email.
- Be sure to test the code before sending it out. To test, send yourself an email from your email blast method that includes the link.