Installing Visual Visitor in Wordpress is a fairly straightforward process. Please follow the steps listed below -
- Login into your WordPress site and click appearance
- Then click editor
- There you will find the file named footer.php (before editing the file copy the content to a notepad file so that if something gets wrong you can paste original code back in to start again)
- There you will find a code for original theme which will look like this:
<?php (‘name’); ?> is proudly powered by<a href=”http://wordpress.org/”>WordPress</a>
- Place mouse right after the original code </body> tag and press space bar and add your script.
- Click update and the footer will be changed
* Visual Visitor strongly recommends making a backup copy of any files that you plan to change within Wordpress during this procedure.
** Visual Visitor is not responsible for any issues that might arise due to changes made in Wordpress.