What to do after you successfully load your script...
Now that your script has been loaded successfully there are still a few basic things that you can do to customize your Visual Visitor account to better meet your needs. This article will walk you through these steps.
Verify your Personal Information is set up correctly.
- Login to your Dashboard > My Account
- Go to the My Information Section
- Verify your Name, Phone Number and Time Zone have been entered correctly.
**If your Time Zone is not set correctly, the times on your reports and the reports themselves will be incorrect. This can lead to confusion down the road, so it's best to check this first thing.
- Next is the Change Password Section. Best to just take a look and familiarize yourself with the location for this feature.
- Finally, we come to the CRM Integration Section. Enabling CRM Integration will provide you with the ability to send the information about your visitors to your CRM System with a single click. When this feature is enabled, you will see a new icon appear on your Prospect Detail page. Please click here for specific setup instructions on this feature.
Verify your Billing Information is correct.
- Login to your Dashboard > Billing
- Go to the Billing Information Section
- Take a look and make sure that your account has been set up correctly. This is also where you will go if you need to update or change your credit card on file.
- Next is the Account Summary Section. Here you will see the audit trail of your account. Every change made by users within your account will be recorded here.
- Notification Rules: setting up your individualized notification rules is a major part of the configuration of your dashboard. Each user (created below in the Basic Configuration Options) can set up specific notification rules for their user account. What is set up for one, is not set up for all. Each user will have to log in to their dashboard and choose their personal settings.
- Territory Rules: specify which areas (US Territories and Internation Territories) you would like to be notified on. If you do not want any notifications from a specific area (say California for example), simply uncheck that area. Again, this is user specific.
- Watch/Exclude Rules: do you have one specific customer that you are interested in following? Or maybe a customer or two that you want to be excluded from your lists? This is the area that you use to specify that.
Basic Configuration Options
- Login to your Dashboard > Configuration
- Start with the Users Section
- Here is a list of all users set up to access your Dashboard. From this section, you can add/delete/modify the users who have access to your Dashboard.
- To add a new user simply follow the wizard. Each user has their own profile, so if you make any changes to types or amount of leads you want to see - only that user is affected.
- Your Account comes with 3 User Accounts. Additional accounts can be purchased.
- Zones/Domains - this section is used to add, modify and delete zones/domain names for filtering purposes.
- Installation - here are your basic installation instructions.
- Excluded IP - this allows you to configure IP addresses to be excluded from your reporting and dashboard. This means that we will not process data from any IP address provided here. Use this section to prevent traffic from within your company from being included in your statistics.
- Email Campaigns - this is a wonderful feature of our product that allows you to track all email marketing campaigns to your company. Please see the section Identify Anyone in the knowledgebase for more information on this feature.
- Forms Capture - is another great feature to take advantage of. Not only do we capture the form data and information, we also tag the visitor so you know it is them each time they come back to your website.
- Filter Companies - By filtering companies, you are assisting the system in delivering the exact data you need. This area will allow you to mark companies as ISPs so they will not appear by default in dashboards, reporting and notifications.
Now that you have gone over the basic setup features for your dashboard, sit back and enjoy the Leads that come your way! For more specific instructions on certain features, please visit our KnowledgeBase or email Support.