- Possibly one of the biggest advantages of email marketing is that it allows you to connect with your customer directly. An innovative and “smart” campaign can grab the attention of your target customer.
- Email Marketing is a very low cost tool.
- Prompt sales from new customers, encourage repeat purchases and increase sales conversion.
- Increase company awareness, keep your company name fresh in your customers minds and drive targeted traffic to your site!
- Fast delivery that will allow you to reach customers quickly with offers and information.
- Step One: Sign up for a iContact account
iContact offers free trials so that you can become familiar with their
products before paying for them. These free trials let you test out functionality but end after 30 days.
- Step Two: Create a Campaign
Click on Email at the top menu bar on your iContact dashboard. Next you will need to choose Create a Message from the My Messages window. For the purposes of this instructional document, we will be using the Message Builder template-based email message creation tool.
Now you will need to Select a template type and customize the colors and text to meet your company’s marketing goals.
- Step Three: Create a Dynamic URL using the URL Created by Visual Visitor.
After you have designed your email, you will want to map out what links will be used and what information you would like to collect from the visitors who are clicking on those links. Highlight the text that you would like to become a dynamic URL and click on the button.
Now you will need to alter the Link URL by copying the URL created in Visual Visitor and pasting that into this box. For the purpose of this instructional document, I have created a URL linking to Visual Visitor’s site and included the fields for Company Name, Phone Number, First Name and Last Name – along with the default for Email. The sections highlighted in red will need to be replaced within Constant Contact.
I would suggest replacing the sections in red using Notepad or some other editing software and then pasting the altered version into iContact as the window within the Insert Link box is very small and hard to edit. After altering the Link URL, you must uncheck the box next to Track in order for the dynamic links to function correctly.
** When you have updated all the features and links that you would like to update, it is always beneficial and highly recommended to send a test message to yourself before sending it to your contact list.