The Email Confidence Score helps you evaluate which email addresses are up-to-date. An email address that receives a score of 80 is more likely to be accurate than an email address that receives a score of 45. You can use this feature to determine which person to contact at a business with multiple employees. You can prioritize the contacts with a high Email Confidence Score and in doing so, make sure that your emails are going to the right place.
What is the difference between a Historical Email Confidence Score and a Real-Time Email Confidence Score?
200 million email addresses in our Who to Contact database have been assigned a Historical Email Confidence Score. When you click on a contact, the Real-Time score supersedes the Historical score. In other words, our software verifies that there haven't been any changes since the Historical score was assigned. If the Historical score is no longer accurate, the Real-Time Score will reflect a different number. This process can take up to 1 hour depending on the volume of contacts you download.
How to View a Historical Confidence Score
1. Click on the Who to Contact Database.
2. Conduct an Advanced Search. Apply filters and hit search.
3. Click on a lead you're interested in. Next to the contact's email, the Historical Confidence Score will be listed.
How to View a Real-Time Confidence Score
Click on the Who to Contact Database.
Conduct an Advanced Search. Apply filters and hit search.
Check the corresponding boxes for the contacts you're interested in.
Click on the Export button.
Download this data as a CSV.
The CSV file will show the
Email Confidence Score in the last column on the right.
How to Establish a Baseline Email Confidence Score
Instead of ignoring leads with a low score from your search results, consider setting a filter that excludes them altogether. In other words, you can set up an Email Confidence baseline to refine your search results. You can utilize this feature by visiting our Who to Contact Database and clicking on the Advanced Search button. To do this:
1. Go to our Who to Contact database.
2. Click on Advanced Search.
3. Apply filters.
4. Click on List Criteria and check the box for Email Confidence Score.
5. Drag the circle to set the baseline for your score. If, for example, you want the results limited to contacts with a score of 70 or above, drag the circle until it says 70.
6. Click Search.
That's it! Your results will reflect your Email Confidence Score baseline. Contacts that receive a score less than your baseline will be excluded from your results.