Respond to all reviews - positive, neutral, and negative reviews - Be sure to tell your story, stay positive and professional, engage with your loyal fans! Turn those lemons into lemonade!
Things to remember when responding to reviews:
- Be empathetic. You aren't going to win an argument with a frustrated customer. And you don't want to burn any bridges. Even customers who initially had a bad experience might come back.
- Don't get personal. Remember that you're replying to feedback about an experience, not about you as a person.
- Maintain your professionalism. Reply in a way that addresses the overall experience. Remember that there's a real person on the other end. If you believe the review violates the posting guidelines, try flagging it as inappropriate.
- Feedback is helpful. Both positive and negative feedback can be good for your business (even though it's sometimes hard to hear). Think of feedback as an opportunity to improve.
- Respond publicly, resolve privately. Respond quickly and politely in the initial forum. Then bring the discussion offline to resolve any concerns.
How to Respond to Negative Reviews
- Apologize that expectations were not met
- Take action – follow up with the team, look at customer records, communicate importance to the team going forward, etc.
- Offer to take the conversation offline – provide an email or phone number
- Thank the person for their feedback
Example Responses to negative reviews:
- (Company Name) is sorry you were not satisfied with the recent service we provided. I'm the (Title) for (Company) and invite you to contact our office at (Phone Number) and ask for (Name). I would be happy to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thank you for reaching out.
- We apologize you were disappointed with your recent service from (Company Name). I would be happy to discuss the service you received and how we can better meet your needs. Please call our office at (Phone Number) and ask for (Name). I'm the owner of this location and would love to make sure we have a clear understanding of your expectations and how can meet them. We appreciate your feedback.
- Thank you for sharing your feedback about our team member(s). I'm the (Title) for (Company) and would love the opportunity to further discuss your experience. I can be reached at (Phone Number). I am sorry you weren't pleased with our service and hope to hear from you so we can talk further.